I am just back from a short walking holiday by car to enable me to visit some of my favourite walks and places which are difficult by public transport. Here is my list:
*Fanfare and drumroll*
- Best hill-fort award: Yeavering Bell on the Wooler common to Yeavering Bell walk (linear)
- Most romantic spot award: Hethpool Linn on the Kirknewton to Hethpool Linn walk (circular)
- Most atmospheric place award: Castle hill fort site on the Thrunton Woods to Long Crags walk (circular)
- Most magical place award: Dove Crag on the Holystone, Lady’s Well & Dove Crag walk (circular)
- Most awesome walk award: Hethpool to the border fence (circular)
You can read the full walk reports complete with photos of the winners on my favourite Northumberland walks page.