Finishing the Pennine Way

Just a quick hello to say that I am safely back from my Pennine Way walk for Crisis UK which took 20 days and was supported by Cotswold Outdoor and Gossamer Gear. I apologise that I was unable to post to this blog during the walk but I was without phone signal, 3G or wifi for most of the route with my ineffective sim card. I have published a write-up of the walk which I hope you enjoy and this is a video diary of my journey. You can see photos and listen to audioboos created during the walk on Twitter under the hashtag #RosePW and you can still donate until the end of August 2013  by texting ROSE71 £(Amount) to 70070 🙂

Thanks for supporting my Pennine Way for Crisis UK

Thanks for supporting my Pennine Way for Crisis UK

About rucksackrose

I enjoy wild places, walking, hiking, camping, writing and good chat.
This entry was posted in About me, About walking, Charity walks, Distance walks, Pennine Way, Walks and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Finishing the Pennine Way

1. Steph says:

Well done Rose, a fantastic achievement! I believe that parts of the PW can be very tough going. This is a trail I intend to do one day, I’m thinking of the Coast to Coast next year in the meantime.

• rucksackrose says:

Thanks Steph. It is tough. There is no getting around it but it is full of interest. I am hoping to do the C2C at some point as well. So many walks, so little time!

2. rucksackrose says:

Thanks for your comments:
    I am glad you enjoyed the pics Ross-Barry. The countryside is lovely on the route 🙂
    David – I’m really sorry not to post more live updates but 3G and wifi were very rare along the route unfortunately. As I mentioned in my last post the place to watch was (and is) my Twitter hashtag #rosepw where you can find photos and audioboos posted along the way. I hope this helps and good luck with the rest of your Pennine Way stages.

• David Carroll says:

Thanks for your reply, Rose. I only joined Facebook a few months ago but have not yet taken the plunge with twitter. Maybe your write-up of the Pennine Way adventure will be available in PDF format somewhere at some stage… Hope so.

3. David Carroll says:

A very well done on this worthwhile achievement and good cause, Rose. I had been looking forwards to some ‘live’ reports of your Pennine traverse, but understand that reception is generally poor in this hillcountry having done most of it myself over the past two years. I am doing the PW in 20 separate day stages and still have five to do – so it could be September or even April next year before completion. Knowing how tough this trail is, you have my congratulations.

4. Ross-Barry Finlayson says:

Rose. Some truly magnificent images. Oh how I miss the English countryside. There is nowhere else like it. Thank you for sharing.

Comments are closed.