The dark evenings are great for watching films, whether it’s from the comfort of your sofa or tucked up inside your tent on a hill. These are ten great new and classic outdoor films for some wild watching.
Wild Watching: 10 Recommended Outdoor Films
(In alphabetical order).
- 127 Hours. Directed by Danny Boyle (2010).
- Everest. Directed by Baltasar Kormákur (2015).
- Force Majeure. Directed by Ruben Östlund (2014).
- Into the Wild. Directed by Sean Penn (2007).
- Koyaanisqatsi. Directed by Godfrey Reggio. Music by Philip Glass (1982).
- The River Wild. Directed by Curtis Hanson (1994).
- The Way. Directed by Emilio Estevez (2010).
- Touching the Void. Directed by Kevin MacDonald (2003).
- Walking Out. Directed by Andrew and Alex Smith (2018).
- Wild. Directed by Jean Marc Vallee (2014).
You can find reviews of all these films arranged geographically in my Reviews section.