……or why you should walk a long distance trail.
I thought I would write a post regarding my love of walking Trails (listed under the Trails tab) to try and inspire you to walk a trail. After some cogitation I came up with the following factors which have inspired me:
- You gain a sense of progress which is rare in real life
- The world is a beautiful place
- The kindness of strangers who want you to succeed
- The unique perspective it provides on the places you walk through
- What trail hiker Dixie has called the tramily or community of other hikers
- The perspective it gives you on life’s problems
- Nature, nature and nature
- The sense of freedom and independence it can give you
But somehow this still didn’t convey my love of walking long distance paths. So, wondering how I could convince anybody to give it a go, I thought I’d try using pictures:
…..which is when I realised that I could fill a book.
Happy Trails 🏕⛰🏕👣💚 🌹